Orthodontic Staff Achievement Award
AAO introduces the Orthodontic Staff Achievement Award. An award to recognize the contributions of orthodontic staff members. This award is intended to formally acknowledge the valuable contributions of the non-orthodontist team member to the dental specialty with quality patient care.
- Nominee has raised the standard of orthodontic clinical practice and ethics, and/or the nominee has raised the standard of orthodontic practice management.
- Nominee has made national and/or international significant contributions to the art and science of the practicing orthodontic practice or practice management.
- Nominee has maximized professionalism within the orthodontic specialty environment across his/her career.
- Nominee has increased the value of orthodontic team members to the orthodontic profession.
- Nominee is an orthodontic team member, but not an orthodontist.
- Nominee is an AAO Orthodontic Staff Club member.
The award recipient will be provided with an award plus waived Annual Session registration, and up to $2,500 in travel funds to offset the expense of transportation, lodging and incidentals to attend the 2020 Annual Session in Atlanta, Georgia.
The winner will be announced during Orthodontic Staff Appreciation Week scheduled for June 3-7, 2019 and featured in an eBulletin.
The Council on Orthodontic Practice will review all applications and make a recommendation to the AAO Board of Trustees who will make the final decision.
- Nominations will be accepted from: AAO members or AAO Orthodontic Staff Club co-workers
- The letter of nomination is required to include:
- Description of nominee’s achievements
- Background statement to support nomination
- Nominee’s resume
- Who may be nominated? Any orthodontic team member who has rendered significant contributions to the orthodontic profession. Orthodontists are not eligible.
Any questions about the program or the application process should be directed to:
Barb Simon, Education Manager
Phone: 314-993-1700, ext. 588