Awards and Fellowships
The AAO and the AAO Foundation (AAOF) have collaborated to support fellowship awards and grant programs for orthodontic residents, students and junior faculty at accredited graduate orthodontic residency programs.
AAO Full-Time Faculty Fellowship Award Program
All FFT application materials DUE February 1, 2020
AAO Craniofacial Anomalies and Special Care Training Award Program
All application materials DUE February 1, 2020
- 2020 Craniofacial Guidelines
- Link to List of Accredited Programs in Craniofacial and Special Care Orthodontics
- 2020 Craniofacial Application
AAL – Institute for Teaching and Learning Fellowships (ITL)
Program Dates: August 23-26, 2020
- 2020 AAL ITL Guidelines
- 2020 AAL ITL Application (All application materials DUE by February 28, 2020)
Chairs and Academic Administrators Management Program (CAAMP) Fellowships
Program Dates: August 20-23, 2020
Previous AAO scholarship recipients to the Institute for Teaching and Learning had this to say:
This is an essential course for all educators. I wish I had taken it 10 years ago!
– Dr. Sneha Oberoi, Associate Professor, Orthodontics, University of California, San Francisco
I recommend this program to everyone who is starting to teach and is genuinely committed to dental education. It covers all the basic concepts of teaching in a very friendly and social setting. It’s a great opportunity to meet with colleagues and start networking as well.
– Dr. Sercan Akyalcin, Program Director, Division of Orthodontics, Tufts University