The 2020 Leadership Development Conference will take place February 6, 2020 at the JW Marriott Austin. The program will begin at 8:00 am and conclude at 5:00 pm. A reception will follow at 5:30 pm.
Keynote, Michael Mayo, FACHE, will engage the audience on leadership, mentorship and teamwork. Other topics will include:
• Governance 101
• Meetings Facilitation
• Trends and Issues Facing the Specialty
• Federal and State Advocacy Updates
• Consumer Awareness Program
• Pathways to Leadership
Michael A. Mayo currently serves as Hospital President of Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville (BMCJ) where he is responsible for the operational and strategic direction of the 489 bed flagship facility of Baptist Health.
As a gesture of appreciation, the AAO is offering Leadership Development Conference attendees a $100 discount on Winter Conference registration. A discount code and link to register will be provided upon Leadership Development Conference Registration.
LDC Slides & Recordings
- Leadership Qualities and Techniques: Valuable Skills for an Orthodontist – Michael Mayo, FACHE
- Q&A after Michael Mayo
- Meeting Facilitation – Dr. Jeff Rickabaugh, AAO Speaker of the House of Delegates
- Governance 101 – Dr. John Callahan and Dr. Steve Siegel, AAO Trustees
- Pathways to Leadership Panel Discussion – Drs. Mariela Anderson, Trista Felty, Gayle Glenn, Anil Idiculla, Gary Inman and Daniel Keith; Dr. Katie Klein as moderator
- Advocacy & CAP – Trey Lawrence, AAO Associate General Counsel; Katie Maassen, former AAO Director of Marketing & Communications and Dr. Jean McGill, AAO Counsel on Communications Chair
- Orthodontics in the ‘20s – Chris Bentson, Bentson Copple & Associates
2020 Winter Conference
LDC attendees receive $100 discount for AAO’s 2020 Winter Conference, “All About Openbites: Diagnosis and Treatment Options for Today’s Orthodontist.” A discount code will be supplied upon completion of Leadership Development Conference registration.